Pilates is a physical fitness system developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates. Over 11 million people in the U.S. practice regularly with over 14,000 instructors. The program focuses on core postural muscles which help keep the body balanced and which are essential to provide support for the spine. Pilates created “The Pilates Principles” to condition the entire body: proper alignment, centering, concentration, control, precision, breathing and flowing movement.
Pilates Session Rates (1 Hour)
1 Participant 2 Participants*
3 Intro Sessions – $120 $150
Single Session – $60 $70
5 Sessions – $275 $330
10 Sessions – $500 $600
10 Sessions – $250
(Some Pilates Experience Required)
* Price includes both participants
The Pilates Principles
1. Mind Over Matter – Create fusion of mind and body, incorporating economy of movement, grace and balance yielding the union of mind and body.
2. Breathing – Performed properly and effectively requires concentration, control and precision reducing tension in the upper neck and shoulders and maintains engagement of the deep abdominal and pelvic floor muscles.
3. Centering – The large group of muscles in the center of the body including the abdomen, lower back, hips and buttock support activities of every day living; they are the “CORE.”
4. Concentration – Focus on your body, building on small delicate fundamental movement and controlled breathing.
5. Control – Every exercise is performed with utmost control of all body parts to avoid injury and produce positive results.
6. Precision – Every movement has a purpose. Every instruction is vital to success. The perfect movement carries into every day life as grace.